Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Confess: I Used To Be A Tanner



I Confess: I Used To Be A Tanner! 


I can’t believe how many people I saw tanning in central park this weekend.  They are nuts!  I am sure they aren’t thinking about all the wrinkles those UV rays are going to give them in the future.  I guess it’s somewhat hypocritical for me to say that though.  I have to confess, not that long ago I was one of them.  I used to be bikini clad in the park, sans sunscreen.


Knowing what I know today about sun damage, I have been converted.  I haven’t worn a tank top in at least three years.  It’s crew neck T’s all the way for me to protect my skin.  I think that leather looks better as Chanel on my shoulder than it does on my chest.


I never really got into the whole spray tan thing.  I know they’re safe, but there is just something about getting my body painted that I am not into.


So for me, pale is the new tan.  And for all you tanners out there, I hope you will see the light soon too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a reformed former tanner as well, Cori. Grew up in Phoenix and used to tan wearing just a bikini and baby oil. Yikes! Now I'm a regular at my dermatologist's office. Glad many people are smart about the sun these days. But clearly not everyone is getting the message!

    ReplyDelete