Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Confess... I Love Dermatology Meetings!



I Confess... I Love Dermatology Meetings

To all my fans out there in Cyberland:  Sorry I missed my post last week!

Twice a year, the American Academy of Dermatology holds its big meetings.  This year, the summer meeting was up in Boston.  While my husband goes to give lectures, I come along so see all the new skin care products (and of course, get some freebies!) 

Picture yourself at 10 years old, in a candy store where you have whatever you want for free.  Or, it's like walking through the Bloomingdale’s cosmetic department and being able to take what you like without all the annoying sales people squirting you with perfume.  Aisles of Dermatology booths line the conference center as far as your eye can see.  Each of the booths has a different cream or new makeup to try out.  There is enough moisturizer to keep a small village hydrated.  Plus, many of the products haven't even hit the stores yet, so I get to try them out first.

We flew to Boston, and for such a short trip we did not check any bags.  So here's the catch . I only brought back with me the creams that were less than 3 oz.  I love my samples, but my husband put his foot down.  I was not allowed to love anything that would make us check a bag.  It's ok.  The only thing I lost out on was a bottle of a new shampoo and tub of moisturizing cream.

Now you may think that the samples are the best reason to come to the meeting, but I've found another one too:  the fashion.  Not only do the female Dermatologists' faces look flawless, but so are their wardrobes.  There are more Birkins at the meeting than you would see walking down the street on the Upper East Side.  

For now I will concentrate on keeping my skin flawless and look forward to admiring the Birkins and  getting the freebies at the next meeting!

3 comments:

  1. I am attending the meeting in Miami in February 2013...any filler of botox freebies there do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is i guess one of the perks of having a
    dermatologist husband. Maybe i should get one soon! haha! I love your blog it is simple yet interesting. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update....Just back from the Miami meeting (March 2013)...I had to send 3 boxes of samples home by mail I got so many and got the Clarisonic Pro with all the extras....great meeting and the Exhibition Hall is soo addictive!

    ReplyDelete