Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Confess: I Love to Exfoliate!


I Confess:  I Love to Exfoliate!


A positive attitude goes a long way. But I don't care what anyone says about the power of positive thinking, it doesn't do a thing for my dull complexion. Now exfoliating on the other hand, that makes my skin glow (and that certainly makes me happy on the inside too!) I get such such satisfaction in knowing that all those dead skin cells are gone. Shine on, my new, fresh skin...

There are tons of options out there, so what's really the best way to exfoliate? Scrubs, Peels, Microdermabrasion, Brushes? Ultimately, they all do the same type of thing. And I have tried them all.

Scrubs are over the counter, so you think they are harmless.  Well, guess what happens when you leave enthusiastic me at the sink unsupervised with a face scrub?  Yup. You guessed it.  Red like a cherry tomato from over-scrubbing.  Overdoing it is no good, and I learned the hard way.

Peels.  Love them.  They hurt like heck, but it’s just for a few minutes. Depending on the peel you get, you may be hiding from the world for a few days or will experience a light shedding for a day or two.

Microdermabrasion.  Love it too.  I haven’t gotten my hands on any of the home microderm kits, but there’s no way they can be as good as the real deal in the dermatologist’s office.  It gently scrapes and sucks away the dead cells leaving you smooth.  Plus, there’s no down time besides 15 minutes of looking rosy.

So what am I actually doing at home right now? I am loving my Olay Pro X Facial Cleansing Brush.  Twice a week, I give my face a little buff.  After 5 minutes I am silky soft, and I haven’t gotten irritated yet.  Plus, who isn’t up for a little face massage in the shower? 

No comments:

Post a Comment