Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Confess: I've Supersized My Lips

 
I Confess:  I've Supersized My Lips

I hate that when I smile, my lips pull a disappearing act. I can pretend to be zen about it, but I’m really not.  Lip plumpers and makeup tricks only go so far.  Who am I kidding?  They are never going to do what I really want them to.  So what’s a girl to do? I took the plunge and plumped those suckers up!

McDonalds is not the only place you can go to for a supersized deal.  Your Derm can supersize you too, with fillers that is.  In a matter of minutes, you can go from losing your upper lip to actually seeing the color of your lipstick when you smile.

Angelina Jolie may have been blessed with a plump pout, but not all of us are that lucky.  That’s where Restylane comes in.  A little numbing cream and a couple of pinches in the lips later, and your lips can fill out in ways you’ve never imagined.  It’s not totally a walk in the park, but no pain no gain.  Plus you can end up with a little black-and-blue mark in your lip (but that's why they invented dark lipstick).  The fillers only last a few months, so unfortunately you need to go back for more.  But it’s worth it.

Big lips don’t fit every face.  And huge lips look fake.  But a little extra volume never hurt anyone, right? When done right, nobody would even notice you’ve had any work.  A little, natural-looking filler goes a long way.  This was reinforced in my head, when at Sephora trying on lipstick, another shopper complimented my beautiful lips.  Who gets compliments on their lips?  I thanked her, but admitted to her my secret.  They’re still mine even if they are enhanced, right?

3 comments:

  1. I have found that Skinn makes a great lip enhancer called Lips 6X. It is in a pump bottle and softens as well as plumps, also enhances natural color. No stinging or cinnamon overload either. Love the site. You know your stuff!!!

    Velvet
    http://theover35beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! If you ever want to collaborate on any posts let me know!

      Delete